Is Digital Marketing a Good Career in India? Hello everyone. Today, in this blog, we will look at how digital marketing is a promising career in India, so people looking for an answer to whether digital marketing is a promising career in India should read this article.
In the fast-evolving nature of career choices, the question is whether Digital Marketing is a booming course in India.
In recent years, it has become a popular course in India. As we all know, social media or the internet proliferates; we cannot even imagine a world without it.
There are many great opportunities available in this field. In this article, we will learn whether digital marketing is a good career option in India.
So, as a beginner, it’s common to wonder whether “digital marketing is the correct career choice?” so we should know what digital marketing is before getting into it. So, let’s have a look.
Table of Contents
What Is Digital Marketing?
Digital marketing uses websites, apps, mobile devices, social media, search engines, and other digital means to promote and sell products and services. Digital marketing is also known as online marketing.
According to a recent study, businesses will spend over $228 billion on digital marketing in 2023.
Popular Digital Marketing Methods
A comprehensive digital marketing strategy includes a combination of tools and techniques that form a successful marketing campaign. So there are some popular methods in this they are:
- Social Media Marketing
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Pay-per-click (PPC) or Web Advertising
- Email Marketing
- Content Marketing
- Search Engine Marketing
- Affiliate Advertising
- Google Analytics
- In-App Marketing
- Ecommerce Advertising
Is Digital Marketing a Good Career in India? Now we have understood what digital marketing is and its popular methods, let’s come to the main topic:’ Is digital marketing a promising career in India?’
Let us first look at what a career in digital marketing is.
- Digital Marketing Manager
- Social Media Marketer
- SEO or SEM Specialist
- User Experience (UX) Designer
- Email Marketing Specialist
- Virtual Reality (VR) Developer
- Content Strategist
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) Specialist
So, these are all the most popular careers in digital marketing.
Career Outlook for Digital Marketers
According to all research and references, even India is one of the countries where digital marketing is booming, and 90% of people are learning this skill. In India, 82% of consumers shop and research online.
Hence, the future looks bright for the digital marketer as the competition is greater nowadays because every company and every business need digital marketing to improve their business.
Digital Marketing Is a Good Career Choice in India!
Yes, digital marketing is a good career option in India because, in recent years, this has become the most popular career and the most essential part of the business marketing strategy.
There are many reasons why Digital Marketing is a promising career in India. Some of them are:
- High Demand: one of the main reasons for choosing digital marketing is high demand. As businesses move towards digital channels to promote their products and services, the demand for skilled digital marketers is increasing.
- Career Opportunities: Digital marketing offers a wide range of opportunities, from digital marketing manager to AI specialist, content writer, and SEO specialist, and there will always be new techniques and tools to learn for making an influential career.
- Compensation package and benefits: it is a well-paying field in India. According to the research, the average salary for digital marketing managers is around 11.8 lakhs per annum.
- Remote work opportunities: Digital marketing is a field that lets you work even in remote areas. Many of the works in digital marketing can be done at home by having a good internet connection.
- Easy entry: Getting into the digital marketing world is not so difficult. Any person from any background can join or get into this field. Many online platforms or institutions are available to help you learn the necessary skills. So, this became the accessible choice for many people.
What is the average salary for the Digital Marketer?
Many factors are included in this field, like education, skills, work experience, etc. These factors will influence the pay scale for the digital marketer.
According to the research, the salary for a digital marketer in India is between Rs 3 lakh and Rs 18 lakh. The average annual salary is around Rs 6.5lakh.
As a fresher in any field, the salary will be lower in digital. The starting salary package for a fresher is Rs 3.4 lakh per annum. Still, after experience, the salary package will be high.
Tips for getting into the digital marketing field
- Enrol yourself in any online class or institution for a digital marketing course
- Choose the specialization
- Get the certificate
- Master google analytics
- Become an SEO expert
- Understand the marketing and data analytics
- PPC advertising
What are the essential certifications needed in digital marketing courses?
So the most important certificates we need in digital marketing course are:
- Inbound marketing, content marketing, and email marketing certification by HubSpot
- Google AdWords certification
- Google Analytics certification
- Bings ads certification
Ultimately, we can say that choosing a digital marketing career in India is not just a professional choice. It’s a journey which is filled with opportunities and challenges. So, it is a great career option in India because it has high demand, more opportunities, and easy entry for this field, so this will be the perfect choice for you.