Who is the Owner of YouTube in 2023 and From Which Country is the Company? The YouTube which we all use day and night, have you ever wondered who is the owner of YouTube ? In this post of ours today, we are going to talk about the owner of the biggest video watching platform on the Internet, if you have reached this post after reading the name of our title, then this article is going to be very useful for you, so read this post. Must read till the end.
Talking about the owner of YouTube, many more questions come up like – Has the owner of YouTube created YouTube? How YouTube started or what was the reason behind making YouTube? Where does the revenue from YouTube go?
Let us now answer all these questions to you and increase your knowledge.
Table of Contents
Who is the owner of YouTube in 2023?
YouTube is owned by Google. Yes friends, YouTube which is a huge video sharing and video watching platform, its owner is none other than Google.
- YouTube is Google’s daughter company or rather a subsidiary company, but Google did not make YouTube, it is not Google but someone else’s hand behind making YouTube, and these people are none other than Chad Hurley, three PayPal employees . ), Steve Chan and Jawed Karim .
- These three PayPal employees created YouTube in the year 2005, which was bought by Google LLC in November 2006 for $1.65 billion.
- That is why the ownership of YouTube belongs to Google, but the credit for making it always goes to these three employees of PayPal. In 2005, YouTube was created by American people and used to run in their own country i.e. America.
- YouTube made a total revenue of $ 15 billion in the year 2019. Talking about Alexa traffic rank, YouTube got second rank in the year 2020.
Who is the owner of YouTube company?
YouTube is a subsidiary of Google, but it is not created by Google, YouTube is created by three people, who are employees of PayPal, namely Chad Hurley, Steve Chan and Javed Karim is These three people created YouTube in 2005, which was bought by Google LLC in November 2006 for $ 1.65 billion.
Since then Google owns YouTube, but the creators of it are employees of PayPal. Initially when YouTube was launched, it was only available in the US at that time. But over time it became a very popular platform for Video Sharing and Video Watching, after which it started being used all over the world. Some people have a question, when was YouTube started in India? Let us tell you that YouTube was launched in India in the year 2008.
How did Youtube start?
Who is the Owner of YouTube in 2023 and From Which Country is the Company? As we know that there is some reason and story behind the creation of everything, similarly there is a similar story behind the creation of YouTube. Before 2005, there was no platform like YouTube on the Internet.
One day three PayPal employees Chad Hurley, Steve Chan and Jawed Karim went to a wedding where they made a video and they wanted to share this video with other people. But due to lack of any video sharing platform, they could not do so.
It has happened that how YouTube was made , now let’s know, how YouTube started?
How did YouTube start?
Who is the Owner of YouTube in 2023 and From Which Country is the Company? Youtube started as a startup in which Sequoia capital invested $11.5 million and Artis Capital Management invested $8 million. The first video uploaded on YouTube with this investment was on 23 April 2005.
- The name of this video was Me at the zoo, if you want you can watch it on YouTube even today because this video is still available on YouTube. In this video, YouTube co-founder Javed Karim is seen in San Diego Zoo. The first video to get 1 million views on YouTube was an advertisement for Nike by Ronaldinho.
- YouTube was officially launched on November 15, 2005, in which Sequoia Capital’s investment of $ 3.5 million again helped a lot. After this launch, this site started getting more than 8 million views in a day and while doing so, YouTube grew a lot till July 2006 as its views increased to 100 million in one day and more than 65,000 views every day on this site. More new videos were being uploaded.
- When YouTube was at the peak of its growth, Google decided to buy it on October 9, 2006 and announced that it had bought YouTube for $1.65 billion. After this the deal became final on 13 November 2006 and Google became the owner of YouTube.
- Susan Wojcicki is the CEO of YouTube, who has taken YouTube to new heights. In the year 2011, 48 hours of new videos per minute were uploaded on YouTube, this figure increased to 400 hours per minute in 2017.
- Talking about YouTube’s earnings, all the earnings from YouTube go to Google because Google has bought YouTube but some part of the entire earnings goes to those who make it, YouTube has now become a platform that is now being used by others Creates job opportunities for people too. Today many people are earning money from YouTube and fulfilling their dreams.
Frequently Asked Questions
These are some important questions about Who is the Owner of YouTube in 2023?
Who is the father of YouTube?
The creator of YouTube is not one person but three, they are Chad Hurley, Steve Chan and Jawed Karim, all three started YouTube together.
Who was the first Youtuber?
The world’s first YouTuber was the founder of YouTube himself, Jawed Karim. He was the first to post the video on YouTube.
Who uploaded the first video on YouTube?
Jawed Karim uploaded the first video on YouTube. It was an 18-second video titled “Me at the zoo,” featuring Karim, himself a YouTube cofounder. In this video, he is seen standing in front of a herd of elephants at the San Diego Zoo.
Where is the main Headquarter of YouTube located?
The main headquarters of YouTube is located in San Bruno, California.
I hope you have liked our work and after reading this post, you must have got all the information related to Who is the Owner of YouTube in 2023 and From Which Country is the Company?
Share this post with your friends on social media as well so that they too can get special information about platforms like YouTube.