How to overcome fear of speaking English in Public? First of all, Identify your exact fears. Before you start a conversation, why don’t you try talking to yourself first? The first and foremost thing is to talk to yourself to get rid of any type of English language fear.
After reading this question, you must think that you are the only person, in the world who is suffering from the fear of speaking English. But it’s not true because many people are suffering and they also want to know how to overcome fear of speaking English in Public? But you don’t have to worry at all, because it has become a common thing all over the world.
Many people around us speak languages of other countries, so fast, very fluently and without any hindrance. Do you need to understand and read the concept of how to overcome fear of speaking English in Public? So, today I am going to show you some satisfactory steps to overcome your fear of speaking English. And for this purpose, you should have to know what basically fear is?
Table of Contents
What is Fear?
Zig Ziglar said that “F-E-A-R” means “forget everything and run” Or “face everything and rise”.
· It is basically natural and powerful human emotion.
· Or in simple words you can say that “those emotional reactions that make you feel dangerous. And when you mention them you feel threatened, such reactions are known as fear.
· ‘Xeno’ is a Greek word that means ‘foreign’ and ‘glossy’ means ‘language’.
· So, literally it is defined as, the fear of speaking a foreign language is known as xenoglossophobia.
· There are a lot of people in the world who are afraid to learn and speak a foreign language, this is a very common thing. And I was one of them.
How to Speak English Confidently Just in 30 Days?
What Should I Do if I Don’t Want to Go to College Anymore?
Top 13 Best Online Free Courses Websites for University Students
Some Basic Fears of Speaking the English Language
There are many fears behind the fear of speaking the English language, which you have to face in your grammatical mistakes in your daily life, but before getting into the discussion of How to overcome fear of speaking English in Public? We must look at the some of the basic reasons are given below;
Fear of Grammatical Mistakes
Whenever you think about speaking the English language, the first fear that comes into your mind is the fear of grammatical mistakes. And obviously, you all are thinking that how can you make your complete sentence in the English language without grammatical mistakes.
Fear of Failure
When you think about speaking the English language, immediately you assume in your mind that, you cannot achieve this, you cannot do this, how you will do this, this is impossible, or other questions like that. Even before you speak the English language, you have a feeling in your heart and mind that you will fail. And just thinking like that will only increase your fear.
Fear of Hesitation
It is also common to feel hesitation in the English language. And there are a lot of people who can speak the English language well and fluently, but they are afraid of how they will be able to finish their speech in front of people. They have shame, fear, and hesitation in speaking the English language. They think that if they start speaking the English language, people will start laughing at them.
Best Ways to overcome Fear of Speaking the English Language
There are many ways to overcome the fear of speaking the English language or to overcome xenoglossophobia, but some of them are discussed below.
You have to find the right and real reason for your fear
· To overcome or eliminate the fear of speaking the English language, it is very important for you to know the real cause of this fear.
· The best way to do this is to read aloud, whenever you start reading a book or a lesson.
· Confidence will be created inside your mind. And you can speak the English language with confidence without any fear.
You should have to make reading the English language your daily habit
· To overcome your fear of speaking the English language, you should read as many books as possible in the English language.
· There are a lot of people out there who watch a lot of movies a day in the English language. So one of the benefits of watching movies or reading books in the English language is that, as soon as you see a sentence or read there. You feel like you are speaking the English language yourself
· Doing so makes you feel good and reduces your fear of speaking English.
· Of course many times in a day you watch movies or read books or novels in the English language.
· And when you get used to it, your fear will be greatly reduced.
You should have to practice daily
· If you think that after reading or watching at once, you will become proficient in the English language so, it is impossible.
· If a person speaks the English language very well, then you must think that he has some god-gifted skills. But this is very rare. Because every successful person has years of hard work behind his success.
· If you think that you will learn everything in a jiffy, then you are absolutely wrong because you have to practice a lot for this.
· And you also have to follow this famous quote, “practice makes a man perfect”. Even though it takes you a long time to practice, it gives you a lot of confidence, and you can speak the English language very well without any fear.
You have to speak slowly
· If you are afraid that, you speak the English language slowly, then people will not understand you so, you are absolutely wrong. This is a great key How to overcome fear of speaking English in Public?
· You have often noticed that when two people are speaking the English language. One of them is speaking very fast which is not easily understood by the other person. So, the person speaks to repeat the sentence, this makes the conversation worse and people also don’t listen with much interest.
· Conversely when a person is speaking slowly in the English language, the listeners also enjoy listening to and doing what is being said, also they can easily understand each other’s conversation.
You should have brought a smile to your face during the conversation
· You have a lot of fears when conversing with others in the English language and also you are afraid that you will forget while talking with others.
· To overcome this fear, you don’t have to be good at speaking the English language or you don’t need any type of degree the only thing that you need is a good smile on your face.
· Your smile is enough to make your conversation.
· And talking confidently with a smile on your face makes a good impression on the other person.
The bottom line of the whole article is that you people always think that how to overcome your fear of speaking the English language so, there are many ways in the world, even if they are the ones that I have mentioned above or other than the ones, that you can use to overcome your fear of speaking the English language.
But let me tell you one thing, you can’t control your fears just by reading or listening to them, but you have to make them part of your daily routine and after then you can control your fear of speaking the English language.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to feel more confident during speaking the English language?
There are many ways to speak the English language more confidently, but some of them are given below
· You have to practice daily
· You have to make a habit to look in the mirror and talk to yourself
· You have to motivate yourself on your mistakes
· You need to reward yourself, even for your small success
· You need to create English sentences in your mind
Is it easy to learn the English language?
Yes of course. Because there is nothing in the world that is impossible to do, you must have heard a famous quote that
“Nothing is impossible in this world because the word impossible itself says that I am possible”
Whenever you do a task with dedication and sincerity, you will surely be successful in it. No matter how difficult the task may be. English is not something that frightens people when they hear its name but is also a language like Turkish, Greek and Korean, etc.
What is the fear of speaking English called?
Glossophobia or discourse tension is the anxiety toward public talking. The word glossophobia gets from the Greek γλῶσσα glossa, importance tongue, and φόβος phobos, dread or fear.
How can I overcome my fear of speaking English Quora?
The best way to defeat the trepidation is to talk enough. Begin with short sentences. Try not to attempt to talk long and confounded sentences at the outset any other way you will stall out.
Why students afraid to speak English in public?
How to Overcome Fear of Speaking English in Public? It was shown that the elements that caused understudies to feel restless while talking in English were absence of readiness, terrified of committing errors, scared of being chuckled by companions, anxious while remaining before individuals, scared of being inappropriate to articulate and picking the words in English.
How to overcome English speaking problems?
Here are Five common language-learning barriers and how to overcome them!
1. Get out of your comfort zone.
2. Learn from your mistakes.
3. Organise your learning materials.
4. Watch daily videos on YouTube.
5. Read your favourite books in English.
How to overcome fear of public speaking?
You don’t need to defeat your apprehension to be a decent open speaker. It never disappears altogether. All things being equal, it’s tied in with having less trepidation — consider it being dread less. We both have some involvement with the stuff to be dread less.
In the end, I would like to say thanks to Allah Almighty that (Alhamdulillah) I completed this article. And hope you people enjoy reading this interesting topic.
One thing to remember is that there is nothing in the world that can be feared and we are the noblest of creatures and these frustrations and failures are lifeless things. And we should face these things instead of fearing them.
And if you got the best from How to overcome fear of speaking English in Public and you overcome your fears by using the things, that I have told you in this article, surely victory is waiting for you.