How to delete Reddit History? If you’re completely new to the online community, you may be wondering how the site works and what the point of it even is. Reddit acts as a social media site where users vote on other users’ submissions based on whether they find them valuable or not, so it’s worth it to know how to delete Reddit history as well as how to view it if you don’t want your activity out there in the world.
Here are some different ways that How to delete Reddit History? And how you can manage your Reddit history—whether you want to clear it or view it all at once!
Table of Contents
Clearing Browser Cache of Reddit
Reddit stores information in your browser cache so that it can load faster when you revisit the site. If you want to clear your Reddit history, you’ll need to clear your browser cache. Here’s i describe that How to delete Reddit History?
- If you’re like me, you probably spend way too much time on Reddit. And if you’re also like me, you probably don’t want anyone to know about it. Here’s how to delete your Reddit history so that no one will ever be able to tell how much time you’ve wasted.
- Deleting your account is just one of a few steps you can take, but it’s by far the most extreme. Unless you’re running for office or trying to distance yourself from something unsavory in your past, it’s probably not necessary.
- The other option is purging your history—which means keeping your account and just deleting specific comments, posts or submissions you don’t want anyone else seeing.
- To delete posts, comments and/or submissions, simply head over to your Edit Posts page.
- If you want to wipe everything away then click on No, but if you want to keep some things private then select either Yes – Delete all my posts or Yes – Delete all of my comments. Once you’re done selecting which items get erased, click Delete selected. It’s as simple as that!
Unfortunately, if you’re a moderator on any subreddits then your history will still be visible to all of your users. This isn’t because Reddit is evil or anything—it’s just one of those pesky technical limitations.
- If you want to erase every trace that you’ve ever existed on Reddit, then you’ll need to close all of your subreddits as well.
- Fortunately, closing subreddits is just as easy as deleting them. All you need to do is visit your Moderators page and click on Close next to each of your subreddits. When you’re done selecting which subs you want gone, click Close on each one. That’s it!
- The whole process of deleting your account and purging your history can be a bit complicated, but hopefully I’ve broken it down enough for you to understand.
- When it comes down to it, if you’re someone who only uses Reddit infrequently then you probably don’t need to go through all of these steps.
- Just use your browser’s private browsing feature or use a VPN when you do want to get on and enjoy some cat pics or funny memes.
If you want How to delete Reddit History? Then, to view or clear your browsing history on Reddit:
1. Tap the three lines in the top left corner of the main screen.
2. Scroll down and tap Settings and privacy.
3. Tap Privacy settings.
4. Tap Clear browsing data at the bottom of the screen, then select how much data you want to delete and tap CLEAR BROWSING DATA.
5. To confirm, tap CLEAR BROWSING DATA again.
Remember that your browser history, cookies, and other website data aren’t cleared from your device. You can always clear that data from within your device settings.
You can’t clear your search history from within Reddit. However, you can clear it from your device’s web browser.
For example, if you used Safari or Chrome for iOS or Android to perform a search, clear your search history in that browser instead of in Reddit. Your browsing data is deleted after 90 days and won’t be included if you perform a new search history sync at that time.
If you use incognito or private browsing mode, your browsing history won’t be included in any search history syncs.
- To sync your search history when using incognito or private browsing mode, exit that browser session first and then perform a new search history sync.
- If you use another web browser, like Firefox or Internet Explorer, clear your search history in that browser instead of in Reddit.
- We’re currently working on a way for you to clear your search history from within Reddit. Until then, please use one of these other browsers for searches
Delete Reddit History
How to delete Reddit History?You can delete your Reddit history by going to your profile and clicking on the Edit Profile button. From there, you will be able to select the Delete Account option.
Keep in mind that this action is permanent and cannot be undone, so make sure you really want to get rid of your account before taking this step.
- A new form will pop up where you can enter your password again. Upon hitting delete account, a warning will appear that warns about how deleting your account is permanent and that all content associated with your account will be deleted.
- You will not be able to recover it. Hit Delete Account once more. That’s it! Your profile and all its contents are now gone from Reddit.
- After hitting delete account, you’ll receive one final message from Reddit that lets you know your account is being deleted. You will also get a handy link back to edit your profile. Congratulations!
- Now that you’ve deleted your account, its contents will also be deleted. When people search for your username in search results, it will not show up anymore. You will also no longer appear on leaderboards for votes or comments.
- Your trophies are gone, and all content you posted (including comments) will be removed from their places on Reddit.
- Once you’ve deleted your account, it’s gone forever. If you change your mind, however, and want to come back, you can reactivate your old account.
Queens Prize Money | Queen’s Club Championship Details
Facebook Tagging Is Not Working- Detailed Guide
Delete Reddit History Mobile
How to delete Reddit History?You can follows some steps like:
- On your mobile device, open the Reddit app and sign in.
- Tap the three lines in the top left corner of the main screen.
- Scroll down and tap Settings.
- Under Account Information, tap Delete Account.
- Enter your password and tap Continue.
Your account has been deleted. You can create a new account with a different username and password, but you will no longer be able to recover your old username or password. Goodbye!
Don’t have a mobile device? You can also delete your account on a computer, but you’ll have to go through more steps.
Go here for instructions on how to delete your account from your computer. When you’re finished, don’t forget to click Log Out of your current browser session before trying out another method!
There are a few limitations when deleting your account. First, you can’t delete your account while you have posts or comments that have been sent to other users or subreddits. You’ll need to delete those messages before you can remove your account.
Also, if your username has ever been associated with a post or comment on Reddit, it will be banned from use for a period of time after deletion. We do that because once something is posted on reddit, it is essentially permanent.
Delete Reddit History App
If you’re someone who regularly uses Reddit, you may want to know how to delete your Reddit history for privacy reasons.
Maybe you’ve posted something embarrassing that you don’t want anyone to see, or maybe you just want to start fresh with a new account. Either way, there are a few ways you can go about deleting your Reddit history.
If you’re interested in permanently deleting your entire Reddit history, then you can try an app called Internet Eraser. It’s a free program that was created by Blancco and allows you to select certain files or folders and have them permanently deleted from your computer.
If you’d like to just remove a single post or comment, you can go into your account settings and delete individual items.
- This is also useful if you want your friends or family members to be able to see something that was posted, but you’re not comfortable having it on your public profile. In order to do so, follow these steps
- There are also extensions you can use in your browser that will let you remove any comments you’ve posted on Reddit. To do so, visit your profile page and click on delete comments. You’ll see a list of every comment you’ve made that is still visible to others. Click on each comment and then select delete.
- When you’ve decided which comments you want to remove, click on delte link at the top of your comments list. A pop-up will appear with a message asking if you’re sure that you want to permanently delete all of your comments.
- Click ‘OK’ and then continue following these steps until all of your comments have been deleted. It’s important to note that deleting one comment will not impact any other comment threads in which it was mentioned or referenced. Once deleted, it’s gone for good.
Delete Reddit History Iphone
If you’re using the iPhone app, open the app and sign in. Then, tap on the three lines in the top left corner of the screen. This will open a menu. From there, tap on History. You will see a list of your most recent searches.
- To delete an individual search, tap on the X next to it. To clear your entire history, tap on the trash can icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- Once you’ve deleted your search history, you will be brought back to your home screen. All of your searches will now be gone from that page.
- This is convenient, especially if you tend to search for things in a specific way or only use them once. However, if you are using Reddit multiple times per day, it may be inconvenient and limiting to not have a history available at all times.
Now, go back into your history and you will see that it has been cleared. You can scroll through your search history here, but all of your searches will be listed as clear and won’t appear in any chronological order.
Now, if you want to disable history completely, open up your Settings app and go into Privacy. From there, select Safari. From there, scroll down until you see Advanced. Within Advanced you will see Website Data at the bottom of your list of options.
Tap on it and set it to either 1 Day or 1 Month depending on how often you use Reddit. This will now disable all search histories for that device until those settings are changed again by you or another user.
When you are looking at a specific post and want to delete your search history, tap on share or save. You will see a gray box with your username in it.
This is not where you will actually be sharing or saving it though. If you scroll down, you will see options for copying or deleting your search history for that specific post as well as for all other posts.
Delete Reddit History App Iphone
Reddit is a great platform for online discussion, but if you want to keep your activity private, you may want to delete your history. Here’s how to do it on the iPhone app.
- First, open the Reddit app and tap on the three lines in the top left corner. Second, tap on Settings near the bottom of the menu. Third, tap on Security. Fourth, under History, tap Clear Search History. Finally, tap Clear All to confirm.
- The above process is for how to clear your history on an iPhone, but Android and Windows Phone devices have similar settings. First, open your app and tap on three vertical dots in the top right corner.
- Tap Settings near the bottom of the menu that appears. Under Privacy & Security, select Clear Data or Clear Cache. Tap OK when asked if you want to confirm.
- Remember that your Reddit history is unique for each device. If you use an app on both an iPhone and Android, clearing your history on one device won’t affect it on another. So if you’re trying to hide something, be sure not to look at it on any other devices or apps.
- In order to view your online activity, you’ll need to clear your browsing history, sometimes called logs. But how do you do that, exactly? It depends on what browser you’re using. If you’re using Chrome, here’s what you can do
Delete Reddit History on Website
If you want to delete your Reddit history, there are a few different ways you can go about it.
One way is to simply clear your browsing history on the website itself. To do this, log into your account and click on the Preferences ta`b.
From there, scroll down to the Privacy Options section and click on the Clear My Browser History button. This will remove all of your recent activity from the site.
Another way you can clear your history is by using a browser plug-in. The downside of doing it this way is that you’ll have to install an additional piece of software onto your computer, and if you want to use a different browser, then you’ll need to download and install one again. However, there are some plug-ins that work with multiple browsers and provide users with even more control over what they do or don’t save when browsing online.
There are also ways you can use specific websites to erase your history from sites like Reddit, Facebook and Twitter.
For example, when using Facebook on your computer, if you go into your Settings menu, there’s an option under General that allows you to view your activity log. From here, you can see a list of all of your past activity on Facebook.
You can also visit a website called DeleteMe, which has a tool that will automatically remove all of your history from a wide range of popular websites, including Reddit.
However, if you don’t want to install an additional piece of software or pay for service that might not be as effective as others out there, then it may be better for you to delete your history on Reddit manually.
Delete Reddit History in App
If you want to delete your Reddit history, the process is actually pretty simple. Just follow these steps:
1) Tap the profile icon in the top left corner of the main screen.
2) Scroll down and tap Settings.
3) Scroll down and tap Security.
4) Scroll down and toggle off Save search history.
5) Tap Clear search history at the bottom of the screen.
While your activity history and search history are being cleared, you’ll see a confirmation message letting you know. You can confirm by tapping OK. Once complete, that’s it! Your Reddit app will no longer remember what you read, and your reading list will be cleared.
6) Restart your phone. If you still see posts from accounts you’ve deleted, head back into Settings and uncheck Save search history again. Tap Clear search history again and then restart your phone once more.
This should remove any trace of that deleted account, but if it doesn’t, repeat step 1 through 6 above. Once complete, however, that should be it! Your Reddit app will no longer remember what you read, and your reading list will be cleared.
This is especially important for those who share their phones with others, such as a family or significant other. When you use your app, it will no longer remember what you read or your viewing history in general.
There are, however, a few workarounds you can use. 1) You can open private browsing in your browser of choice and then log into your reddit account there.
This isn’t as private as deleting your history from within your app, but it will work. If you do end up doing that though, don’t forget to set Incognito or Private Browsing back to normal when you’re done!
SummaryAssuming you want to keep your browsing history private from others on your computer, the first thing you should do is clear your cookies. To do this in Chrome, go to Settings > Show advanced settings > Clear browsing data. Check the boxes next to Cookies and other site and plug-in data and Cached images and files, then click Clear browsing data.
Frequently Asked Questions
How would I erase Reddit history on Iphone?
Open the Reddit application. Tap your profile symbol at the upper left. Pick Settings at the lower part of the screen. Look down and contact Clear neighborhood history.
Could individuals see your Reddit history?
No. However, they can see what subreddits you have posted/remarked in. Additionally, assuming you empower the setting to disclose your votes (click on inclinations then, at that point, look down to security choices) individuals would have the option to see what you have upvoted/downvoted.
Does Reddit save your inquiry history?
Reddit’s perusing history highlight works basically as you’d anticipate. It’s like the perusing history on internet browsers, aside from the way that rather than sites, they’re all Reddit posts. You can see the posts you’ve gone through for however long you’re endorsed into the application with your Reddit account.
How long does Reddit keep history?
Like on versatile, the site logs data about the program you use, your working framework, and your IP address. In any case, Reddit says it will erase all that data from its servers like clockwork — with the exception of the IP address you used to make your Reddit account.
How would I make my Reddit history private?
Stage 2: Tap “My profile.” Note: You can likewise tap your profile picture to go to your profile. Stage 3: Tap “Alter.” Step 4: Tap the switch to one side of “Content perceivability” to prevent presents on your profile from showing up in r/all, or potentially you need to stow away your profile from/clients. The switch will become dim.
Could Reddit look be followed?
Nobody can see your inquiry history or enlisted email other than reddit according to their security strategy yet anybody can go to your profile and view all posts and remarks you’ve caused except if you to erase them, and your up/down-votes except if you’ve impaired public vote history.
How would I clear my store Reddit?
On an Android, open Settings and tap Storage, and afterward Apps. Select Reddit from the rundown, and afterward tap Clear cache.13-Apr-2022
How to delete Reddit History? If you’re completely new to the online community, you may be wondering how the site works and what the point of it even is.